IRON's Associates are able to acquire very low cost bandwidth on the IRON backbone, and connectivity to the Internet and each other, at speeds 10 to 1,500 times faster than has typically been available through other providers for:
With the following benefits:
- Commodity Internet Service;
- Layer2 Point-to-Point and Point-to-Multipoint connectivity between IRON user sites;
- Access to the National Research and Education Networks including Internet2 and the National Lambda Rail (NLR).
- Reliable, low cost, optical fiber-based, high-speed connectivity;
- An estimated savings of 50%, or more, on commodity/commercial ISP charges, and when communicating with other IRON Associates via IRON's Boise GigaPOP;
- A fiber optic backbone architecture which allows network traffic to travel via secure, diverse routes to the Internet, the nation's research infrastructure, and each other, to achieve the highest levels of reliability.
The following forms include how to become a General Associate (requires sponsorship by a Charter Associate) and how to request services: